Feeling tired after a day in the sun, uncomfortable and not that hungry? we have the perfect nourishing summer salad for you and the family, which you can be eating in just 20 minutes.
Ingredients for the salad:
- Wholegrain rice with lentils (packet for convenience)
- Coconut Rice
- lettuce – sliced fine
- Mixed Cherry Tomatoes
- Radishes- sliced fine
- Spring onions
Ingredients for the dressing:
- finely chopped Garlic
- 1cm cube of Ginger
- Drizzle of Balsamic Vinegar
- Drizzle of Olive Oil
- Drizzle of white Wine Vinegar
- Finely chop your Cucumber, Spring Onions, Radishes, tomatoes and lettuce and combine in a mixing bowl.
- Cook your rice/ lentil packets per instruction – usually 3 mins per packet.
- Now start to prepare your dressing. You will need a Pestle and Mortar or similar gadget in order to achieve the required consistency.
- Add your chopped Garlic and Ginger to the Pestle and Mortar and begin to grind it into a paste.
- Now you can add your olive oil and white wine vinegar and continue to grind into a paste.
- Now add this mixture to your mixing bowl and stir through evenly.
- Next you can drizzle over the balsamic vinegar.
- Once cooled layer your rice onto your chosen plate and top with the salad.
- Now all that’s left to do is add your rocket and hummus as your garnish and you will be ready to sit back and relax!