I would like to say thank you for taking the time to join us in this community and I hope that you’re able to take home some helpful tips. Please do share any sustainable swaps you have made on instagram using the hashtag #londonveganist
In order to understand why we should be making sustainable swaps, I urge you to do some personal research into the affects of plastic pollution on our oceans, farming and agricultural practices on our planet via deforestation and carbon footprint affects on global warming to name a few; and really ask yourself, what environment do you wish to create for the future generations. Are you doing everything you can within your scope of knowledge to lessen the impacts of humanity on the planet or are you just exploiting your privileges without a thought for what happens next. I know that this was the life I lived for a long time, so from a place of love I urge you to stop and think about the affects our decisions have. Wherever you are on your path to living a more sustainable lifestyle I hope these swaps below will help and encourage you to incorporate small changes to your home, that will ultimately have a big impact on our planet.
If we adopt a more sustainable lifestyle we will lessen our carbon footprint on the planet and ensure we are doing our part to protect the worlds most valuable ecosystems from deforestation, plastic pollution, farming and agricultural practices and therefore allow our planet to thrive as it intended rather than be the reason it dies.
10 different swaps you can make to lessen your carbon footprint
- Buy a keep cup/ re-usable coffee cup
- Invest in a BPA free re-usable water bottle
- Say no to plastic straws and cutlery / bring your own re-usable and more sustainable counterparts
- Avoid unnecessary plastic food packaging
- Walk more
- invest in a period cup
- Bring your own bags for your grocery shopping
- invest in more ethical beauty products, no animal testing, vegan, bamboo toothbrushes, beauty trimmers/ shampoo bars
- support businesses that are making sustainable changes, support local, buy local produce.