- Half diced white onion
- 3 garlic cloves – chopped finely
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes with basil
- handful of cherry tomatoes
- 4-5 sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 4-5 slices of chargrilled peppers in oil
- olive oil
- mixed herbs
- salt and pepper to season
- handful of almonds – flaked is best
- superfood mixed salad – preferably with pea shoots
- To start we are going to finely dice the white onion and garlic cloves, once diced add to a pan with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of the mixed herbs.
- Sauté the onions and garlic on a low-medium heat.
- While the onions are gently frying, you should begin to finely slice the chargrilled peppers and sun-dried tomatoes; and add these to the pan.
- Continue to fry on a medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add a handful of cherry tomatoes to the pan and let these slowly heat until they split.
- The next step is to add your tin of chopped tomatoes to really bring your sauce together. Stir the tomatoes through evenly and lower the heat slightly, allowing the sauce to simmer and bring all the flavours together for 4-5 minutes.
- Finally you can add your salt and pepper to give some basic seasoning.
- Now turn the heat off and set the pan to one side.
- To cook the spaghetti follow packet instructions. Use boiled water to speed up the cooking time and add a pinch of salt and drizzle of olive oil to the pan. The oil helps soften the spaghetti and prevent sticking as it cooks.
Almond Superfood Salad:
- Now is the time to plate everything up. Start with your spaghetti, adding this to the middle of your plate or bowl. Now pour some of the sauce over the top.
- This is where you would use your pre packed superfood salad wit pea shoots and grab a handful to use on top of the pasta as pictured above. To add the finishing touches, sprinkle the dish with the flaked almonds and serve.
Pro tip: If you fancied some extra flavour and depth to the dish, you could add a drizzle of green basil and pine-nut (dairy free) pesto to the top of the dish.