For the main event:
- Aldi’s Quinoa, pumpkin and sunflower seed wholegrain rice packet
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 Diced red onion
- Lettuce chopped finely
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 tin of black beans – washed
- 1 tin of white beans – washed
- fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
- Cucumber – diced
- Half of a lemon – squeezed
For the Dressing:
- cold pressed olive oil 1 tbsp
- sesame oil 1 tbsp
- Garlic cloves x 2 diced
- drizzle soy sauce
- 1 inch diced fresh ginger
- Finely dice your red onion, red pepper, lettuce, cucumber and parsley.
- Now drain and rinse your legumes.
- Next we need to prepare our quinoa rice packet and cook per packet instructions. This will form the base of the dish.
- Once in the microwave, grab your avocado and spoon out into a bowl.
- Prepare the Guacamole by mashing the avocado with the back of a fork and adding in salt and pepper to season. Adding a squeeze of lemon juice gives the guacamole a nice tang.
- Pour the contents of the rice packet into a bowl and start to layer the ingredients as seen in the picture above giving each ingredient a segment of the bowl.
Time to make the dressing:
- Place the diced garlic and ginger into a salad dressing shaker/ pestle and mortar. If you do not have these items a small bowl will be fine (however be careful to ensure ingredients are diced as finely as possible.
- Now add in the two types of oil and a dash of soy sauce – dark/ light doesn’t matter.
- Proceed to shake, grind or mix the dressing into a paste. If you have some white wine vinegar – a small dash would be an appropriate addition to the dressing. However do not go overboard with this.
- You can now drizzle the desired amount over your bowl of ingredients and enjoy a nourishing and fresh Quinoa salad bowl.
Buying a new set of knifes really does make a welcome addition to this dish or any for that matter. It enables you to finely dice any vegetable with ease, creating better salads and side dishes without the added stress.
We love to connect with our readers and share ideas across all platforms. Click the link below to follow us on instagram.