- 200g Whole Rolled Oats
- 120g Hazelnuts (chopped)
- 150g dried Papaya chunks
- Mixed Fruit and nuts – desired quantity
- 3 x tbsp of Coconut Oil
- 3 x tbsp of Golden Syrup (vegan)
- Pre-heat oven to 180c
- Weigh out 200g of Oats and place in a large bowl.
- Now weigh out your Hazelnuts and roughly chop them. Next add the Hazelnuts to the bowl with the Oats.
- You can now add the mixed Fruit and Nuts and Papaya chunks to your required ratio.
- Measure out your Coconut Oil and gently melt on the hob. Now add the Oil to your Oat and Fruit mixture and stir through well.
- Next measure out your Golden Syrup and add it to the bowl as well.
- Give the mixture one last stir through before spreading it onto your tray (lined with baking paper). Ensure you spread the granola mixture evenly.
- Leave to cook for roughly 30 minutes ensuring you’re checking on it regularly and string the granola to ensure its evenly browned.
This recipe can easily be adapted to a festive Granola perfect for little Christmas gifts, by adding desiccated coconut and white chocolate Hazelnuts once the Granola is cooked and cooled.