- Aldi Spicy Mini Potatoes (any baby potatoes will be fine, just add paprika to the dish and pre cook the potatoes if not already).
- 1x can of tinned Tomatoes
- Frozen mixed peppers
- Spinach fresh or frozen is fine
- 3 small cloves of garlic, crushed or chopped finely
- 1x tin of kidney beans
- 1/4 of a tube of tomato puree
- Flaked coconut chips
- Seasonings such as salt, pepper and a squirt of ketchup – YES, you read that right 🙂
- Add the potatoes and garlic to a wok and gently simmer on a low heat.
- Next you can add in your mixed frozen peppers, at the quantity you desire and simmer until softened.
- Now add your tinned tomatoes to the wok and stir through, upping the heat slightly to allow the potatoes to heat through nicely.
- The next step is to add the tin of kidney beans to the wok and any seasoning you desire. For this dish I added Salt, Pepper, Tomato Puree and a squirt of Ketchup to give the dish it’s sweetness.
- Now leave the dish to simmer on a low heat for a few minutes before adding in your spinach and stirring through. Remember if your spinach is frozen it will take a minute to wilt.
For this dish I served it topped with coconut flakes, which you could easily toast in a pan for extra flavour. You may also wish to add some coriander or lime and/or make a plant based pomegranate and mint yogurt- stay tuned for this recipe (coming soon).
Happy cooking and be sure to tag us in your beautiful plant creations at #londonveganist or comment/like this post if you found it inspiring.